Nestled on the densely timbered southern edge of the expansive 37,000-acre Paws Up Ranch, the Green-O is a hidden gem designed for couples seeking the perfect blend of adventure and serenity. The land is both historic and highlights the natural beauty of the earth; for centuries, the Blackfeet, Flathead and Nez Percé Native tribes lived and traveled through this area. They used the Blackfoot River as a transportation corridor. Later, fur trappers, miners and loggers did the same. It’s believed that Captain Meriwether Lewis, on the return trip of the Lewis & Clark Expedition, traveled through this land in 1806. Throughout the 20th century, the property was owned by several ranchers, including Land and Jon Lindbergh, sons of the celebrated aviator. The current owners purchased the land in 1997 and expanded the property to a total of 37,000 deeded and leased acres. It’s now a working cattle and bison ranch, as well as the home of two resorts, The Resort at Paws Up and the Green-O.
- How to Celebrate St Patrick’s Day with Kids
- 6 Simple Tips for Visiting Disney World with Your Dog
- Viking Danube River Cruise
- LGBTQ+ Travel Trends and Safety Tips
- Best Winter Sun Destinations for Families
- Is There Still Magic at Walt Disney World?
- 4 Tips When Choosing Travel Accommodation As A Family
- How to Get the Biggest Bang for Your Cruise Dollars
- IATA Travel Pass Initiative
- Destination Weddings- Rivera Maya