Amex has been on a roll over the last year with welcome bonuses. Along with massive welcome bonuses for The Platinum Card® from American Express and no lifetime language offers for existing cardholders.
The highest welcome offers we’re currently seeing are coming from targeted referral offers. This means that you’ll want to find a friend with an Amex Platinum card. Use our link for the 90,000-point bonus.
Sometimes it’s worth a large investment to reap the benefits of a great credit card. That’s exactly the case with the Amex Platinum card. In exchange for the annual fee, you’ll unlock access to the Amex Membership Rewards program that let you access airline and hotel transfer partners, along with new lifestyle and travel credits. This card is also incredibly rewarding for travel purchases, helping you rack up a ton of Membership Rewards points for your next award trip.
- The current welcome offer on this card is quite lucrative. TPG values it at $2,000.
- This card comes with a long list of benefits, including access to Centurion Lounges, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, at least $500 in assorted annual statement credits and so much more. (Enrollment required for select benefits.)
- The Amex Platinum comes with access to a premium concierge service that can help you with everything from booking hard-to-get reservations to finding destination guides to help you plan out your next getaway.
- The $250 annual fee is only worth it if you’re taking full advantage of the card’s benefits. Seldom travelers may not get enough value to warrant the cost.
- Outside of the current welcome bonus, you’re only earning higher rewards on specific airfare and hotel purchases, so it’s not a great card for other spending categories.
- The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards.
If you dedicate a large chunk of your budget to travel and don’t settle for anything less than luxury, this is the right credit card for you. You’ll receive $15 in Uber Cash monthly (and $20 in December) for a total of up to $200 annually, redeemable for Uber rides or Uber Eats orders. Additionally, enjoy access to thousands of airport lounges with the American Express Global Lounge Collection, an application reimbursement for Global Entry or TSA Precheck, access to the Platinum Travel Service for trip planning assistance, complimentary Gold status with Marriott Bonvoy and Hilton Honors and so much more. (Enrollment required for select benefits.) Once you add up all these perks, you’ll quickly find that these benefits can outweigh the annual fee for those who are constantly on the go.