European Discovery - Preview 2022
European Discovery – Classic Group, 2022
Discover the incredible diversity of Europe’s finest destinations on this beautifully-curated journey of discovery. From the romantic spires of Prague to Cinque Terre’s teetering ocean-side towns and the soaring peaks of Switzerland, this is a well-paced journey offering the ideal mix of sightseeing and time to relax. Meet plenty of locals, including a Rhine castle owner, an Italian pasta chef, and Austrian foodies who will invite you for dinner Sip Bellini cocktails in St. Mark’s Square in Venice at sunset, long after the day-trippers have gone to their mainland hotels. ??Enjoy VIP entrance to the Vatican Museum before it opens to the public, including a private tour of the Bramante staircase for spectacular views over the Vatican gardens. Enjoy an Italian family-style dinner, complete with the very best flavours of Liguria.
- Amsterdam: Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at a local restaurant in the heart of Amsterdam for a delightful Welcome Dinner, served with wine.
- Salzburg: Relish in the authentic experience of Farm-to-Table dining.
- Cinque Terre: Savour authentic Italian cuisine made from traditional recipes as you dine for a Sea-to-Table lunch at Ristorante Da Ely in Cinque Terre.
- Lucerne: Choose from a selection of restaurants on your Dine-Around Evening and hand-pick your preferred ambience, cuisine and drinks for an intimate culinary experience.
- Paris: Rendezvous with your friends at a typical French bistro for a rousing Celebration Dinner with wine. Bon Appetit!
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfast (B), 6 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW)
- Prague : Choose to join a Local Expert to explore the courtyards of the Prague Castle and to visit the imposing St Vitus Cathedral. Alternatively, stroll through the Jewish Quarter with your Local Expert to hear how the Jewish community has shaped the history of Prague, and taste Trdelník, a traditional Czech pastry.
- Stanserhorn: Choose between a walk along beautiful scenic pathways for a chance to see native animals or alternatively, join a Swiss ranger to learn about local fauna and flora.
- Paris: Choose between shopping in quaint boutiques like a true Parisian with your Local Expert or alternatively, join an avid foodie, to explore small shops and sample local treats and delicacies.
- Wurzburg: Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Würzburg Residence with a Local Expert.
- Venice: Witness the ancient skill of glassblowing and watch artisans create delicate works of art.
- Rome: Experience Rome through the eyes of a local, as a passionate Roman guides you through vibrant backstreets, showing you how modern life takes place around ancient treasures.
- Vatican City: Gain VIP access into the Vatican Museums and admire the famous Bramante Staircase. Witness the genius of Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel and view the splendid dome of St. Peter’s Basilica.
Top Rated Highlights
- Scenic Drives: Throughout your journey, enjoy the scenery as you travel part of the Romantic Road and later pass the areas of the Tauern Mountains, Veneto, Apennine Mountains, Tuscany, Umbria, Chianti Hills, Italian Riviera, Italian Lake District, Swiss Alps and Burgundy.
- Amsterdam: Cruise along the old waterways, discovering the architectural gems of the old city, including mansions dating from the Golden Age of the 17th Century.
- Eurostar: Relax on the smooth, high-speed Eurostar train as you journey from London to Europe via the revolutionary Channel Tunnel.
- Wurzburg: See the Residenz Palace as you explore the old town with your Travel Director. Stand on the statue-lined Alte Mainbrucke and see the Marienburg fortress.
- Rothenburg ob der Tauber: Explore Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the most well-preserved town on the Romantic Road.
- Salzburg: Join your Local Expert to visit the formal gardens of Mirabell Palace and Residence Square – both locations used in ‘The Sound of Music.’ You will also see the imposing fortress, the immense cathedral and Mozart’s birthplace on the lively Getreidegasse.
- Venice: With your Travel Director cruise to St. Mark’s Square and see the Doge’s Palace, Bridge of Sighs and St. Mark’s Basilica.
- Rome: During you orientation with you Travel Director see the medieval buildings, including Renaissance palaces and Baroque churches, scattered throughout the city.
- Florence: Join a Local Expert to view the multi-coloured marble cathedral, bell tower and baptistery, adorned by Ghiberti’s Gates of Paradise. Visit the political heart of the city, Signoria Square. See the area around Santa Croce Basilica, famous for the quality of its luxury goods.
- Cinque Terre: Led by your Local Expert, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site with dedicated time to explore two of the five charming fishing villages.
- Stanserhorn Summit: A spectacular journey by cable car and cogwheel railway takes you to the summit for expansive mountain views over Lake Lucerne.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- Paris: See Notre Dame Cathedral, the Eiffel Tower, facades of the Louvre, the River Seine and its romantic bridges, the obelisk in the centre of the Place de la Concorde and enjoy a drive along the Champs Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during vi…
Welcome to London.
Depart from London by Eurostar and onto Amsterdam.
Legends along the Rhine
Rothenburg and Golden Prague
Prague, City of a Hundred Spires
Salzburg, City of Mozart
The Tauern Mountains to Venice
The Magic of 'La Serenissima'
On to the Eternal City of Rome
Rome with the locals
VIP Vatican and Florence
The Cinque Terre
Across the Alps to Lucerne
Lucerne’s Lakes and Mountains
Sights and delights of Paris
The food and flavours of Paris
Au revoir Paris