Classical India with Nepal - Small Group, 2021 2022
Classical India With Nepal – Small Group, 2021 2022
Colourful cultures, remarkable temples and mystery await you in India and Nepal. Delve into this magical journey with your fellow travellers and discover these countries in all their glory. From meeting women who have summited Everest in Kathmandu, to a rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, you’ll travel in style with your expertly trained Travel Director.
- Kathmandu: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Jaipur: Enjoy a special outdoor dining experience at the esteemed Dera Amer. With elephants roaming free on its land, the venue’s primary purpose is to maintain an area of natural beauty, while protecting its wildlife.
- Agra: Dine for lunch at the beautiful Laxmi Niwas Palace in Bharatpur.
- Varanasi: Toast to your travels over a Celebration Dinner at your Hotel.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner (D), 2 Dinner with Wine (DW), 3 Lunch (L)
- Jaipur: Choose between visiting the royal observatory and see Jantar Mantar, a collection of 18th century architectural astronomical instruments, including the world’s largest stone dun dial. Alternatively, join your Local Expert for a walk through the city’s old lanes and see artisans working with age-old techniques.
- Agra: Choose between a guided tour through Kachhpura and discover the locals’ agricultural lifestyle, as you enjoy tea and pakora on a rooftop with views of the Taj Mahal, or alternatively, take part in a Make Travel Matter experience, Sheroes Cafe. A local structure run by women survivors of acid attacks. Be inspired by their resilience in rebuilding a life for themselves, while supporting their efforts to reintegrate back into the community. Discover more about the impact of acid attacks in India. It also advances SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities. Sheroes Cafe actively recruits and employs people from underrepresented populations who may otherwise find getting work difficult. Sheroes Cafe, ran and operated solely by women, also advances SDG 5: Gender Equality. The ‘Sheroes’ are women who have fought to survive after receiving a debilitating blow to their appearance and self-esteem by some members of the society. These women are on the way to becoming true fighters, who have the courage to live, work and walk in society and force them to re-evaluate its norms about beauty and appearance.
- Kathmandu: Head to an inspirational talk by women who summited the Earth’s highest mountain above sea level, Mount Everest.
- Varanasi: Join an expert in India’s religious rituals to learn more about the colourful candlelit tradition of Aarti as you participate in the sunset ceremony in the Ganges, against a backdrop of ringing bells and chanting music.
Top Rated Highlights
- Kathmandu: Visit a pottery workshop, where a local craftsman will provide you with a demonstration on this age-old craft.
- Fly to Delhi: Take a scenic flight from Kathmandu to Delhi.
- Delhi: Visit Raj Ghat and the Tomb of the Emperor Humayun.
- Haryana: Visit the Heritage Transport Museum, a fascinating showcase of the evolution of transport in India.
- Jaipur: Your Travel Director will show you the Palace of Winds. You then visit the City Palace Museum.
- Agra: Enjoy the scenery as your flight emerges from the Himalayas to reach Varanasi.
- Varanasi: Board your short flight to Delhi.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
Welcome to Kathmandu
Kathmandu the City of Beauty
Kathmandu's Spiritual History
On to Vibrant Delhi
Exploring New and Old Delhi
The Pink City
Delve into Jaipur
Jaipur to Agra
The Taj Mahal
On to Varanasi
The Holy City of Varanasi
Leave Varanasi for Delhi