America's Magnificent National Parks - End Denver, Classic Group, 2023
America’s Magnificent National Parks – End Denver, Classic Group, 2023
Prepare for an epic adventure through remarkable scenery and prominent landmarks as you make your way through America’s Magnificent National Parks. This sprightly tour combines ‘Enchanting Canyonlands’ with the ‘American Parks Trail,’ giving you the ultimate experience of North America’s most popular parks, historic monuments and scenic grandeur. From gliding through the narrow sandstone turns of Antelope Canyon to witnessing the sprouting geysers of Yellowstone and releasing your inner cowboy at the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, you’ll take in some of America’s most iconic sights with the perfect balance of adventure and relaxation.
- Scottsdale: Mingle over a delightful Welcome Dinner at your resort’s renowned Zuzu Restaurant, named for the beloved matriarch of the family that owns the property.
- Grand Canyon: Enjoy dinner at the Thunderbird Room with an incredible view overlooking the South Rim.
- Zion National Park: Join your new friends for a Highlight Dinner within Zion National Park at the lodge’s Red Rock Grill with large windows overlooking the floor of the canyon and soaring stone walls.
- UCross Ranch: Savour a hearty ranch style Highlight Dinner, prepared by your local hosts.
- Custer: Toast to the finale of your trip at your Celebration Dinner served at your lodge within Custer State Park.
- Dining Summary: 14 Breakfasts (B), 1 Dinner (D) and 6 Dinners with wine (DW).
- Grand Canyon: Join your Local Expert, Canyon Tim, for an informative talk about the wonders of the Grand Canyon. With over seven years of experience in geology, you’ll learn about the origins of the five-million-year-old canyon, its rock formation and its current impact. You’ll also discover the local flora and fauna, and find out where you might be able to spot elk, mule, deer, coyotes, grey foxes, bobcats and mountain lions.
- Monument Valley: Journey on through the barren beauty of the desert to Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, where you will board all-terrain vehicles(8) with open sides to explore the valley with your Navajo guide. Hear about Navajo heritage from your guide and learn more about life on their beautiful land.
- Antelope Canyon: This morning, board the MV Lady Emma for a private, exclusive cruise to the world-famous Antelope Canyon. Enjoy an onboard breakfast while cruising Lake Powell towards Antelope Canyon.
- Crazy Horse: View Crazy Horse Memorial, which is dedicated to protecting and preserving the culture, tradition and living heritage of the North American Indians. An exclusive Insight Experience awaits as you are taken up to stand face-to-face with this impressive sculpture. Measuring 641 feet (195 metres) long and 563 feet (172 metres) high, the piece takes the record as the world’s largest mountain carving.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sedona: Journey on to the bohemian colony of Sedona to explore its shops and galleries, or to simply take in its natural rugged beauty.
- Red Rock Scenic Byway: Travel through world-renowned Red Country along the Red Rock Scenic Byway one of only 20 designated All-American Roads nationwide.
- Cameron Trading Post: Stop at the historic Trading Post, established in the early 1900s as a place where Native Americans traded wool and livestock.
- Grand Canyon: Early risers will take advantage of the lodge location, close to the Grand Canyon South Rim, to witness one of Mother Nature’s grandest shows on earth: a sunrise over the majestic Grand Canyon.
- Desert View Drive : Enjoy more grand vistas of the Grand Canyon as you travel along the South Rim Desert View Drive, skirting the South Rim of the canyon until you exit the park at the east entrance.
- Bryce Canyon National Park: Head to the sandstone cliffs of Bryce Canyon National Park in Southern Utah. Here you will be met by pine trees and red rock pillars. Take a leisurely walk along Sunset Point while you view the great amphitheatres of the odd-shaped monoliths, known as hoodoos.
- Zion National Park: Travel through more amazing scenery on your way to Zion National Park. Cut through the Checkerboard Mesa and meander down to Zion Canyon while taking in many of its famous landmarks.
- Zion National Park: See the grandeur and natural features of the canyon in total comfort while traveling via private open-air tram with live on-board commentary.
- Yellowstone National Park: Enter Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park. Known for its unique geothermal activity, spectacular landscapes and abundant wildlife, you’ll experience Wyoming in all its glory.
- Yellowstone National Park: Catch the renowned colourful bubbling mud pots and observe Old Faithful geyser shooting water over 120 feet (37 metres) into the air. The Upper Geyser Basin boasts the highest concentration of spouting geysers, hot springs and steaming fumaroles in the world.
- Cody Buffalo Bill Center: Explore the award-winning Buffalo Bill Center of the West, known for its excellent Western art collection and natural history.
- UCross: Spend your morning doing as the locals do, exploring your surroundings by horseback with a gentle ride(8) led by a Local Expert.
- Black Hills : View the awe-inspiring Devils Tower, a butte that protrudes from the landscape and is considered sacred by the Lakota and other tribes.
- Deadwood: Historical Wild West figures such as Wild Bill Hickok and Calamity Jane called Deadwood home. Learn about the Gold Rush and the town’s notable residents aboard Kevin Costner’s Original Deadwood Tour.
- Black Hills: View iconic Mount Rushmore National Memorial where carvings of Presidents Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt overlook the landscape.
Included Insight Services
Arrive in Phoenix and Travel to Scottsdale
Sedona and the Wonders of the Mighty Grand Canyon
Monument Valley and Lake Powell
Leisurely Lake Powell
Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks
Zion National Park
Salt Lake City Departure
Jackson and the Tetons
Yellowstone National Park
Geysers and Colourful Mudpots
The Ranch at Ucross
Devils Tower into the Black Hills
Custer and the Wild, Wild West
Mountain Monuments of the Black Hills